Ensuring You Select the Best VoiP Service for Your Needs
The growth and spread of Internet has changed a lot of things in life and it seems tedious to think of living without using Internet technologies once you get habituated using them. One such example is VoIP. This has come as a bliss for people who want to keep in touch with others living abroad but do not want to run huge ISD bills in the process. VoIP is a cost effective and easy to use means of communication that can eliminate geographical boundaries. However, you have to choose the right company offering the service.
Types of VoIP service
Before you embark on the mission to find the best voip services, it is important that you know the various types of VoIP services that exist.
- There are residential VoIP Providers you can consider. These systems are attached with your phone and using these makes sense if you have a number of close friends or relatives staying abroad and you want to call them frequently.
- Hardware or device based VoIP systems are also catching up. The device is used with a phone.
- Software based VoIP systems are perhaps the most popular. The software application used to make VoIP calls emulate a phone. Some such apps are web based and hence installation is not required.
- With emergence of Smartphone and evolution of related technologies. Mobile based VoIP has also surfaced. You can find Smartphone apps that enable you make long distance calls through apps without incurring steep bills.
- The benefits of VoIP have been observed by businesses and that is why they are also embracing it for operational needs. Business VoiP services are not free but they come with added benefits and companies offering such packages pack in goodies to satisfy corporate clients.
Factors to analyze before choosing a VoIP service
You should analyze the following aspects before picking a VoIP service provider, whether it is for personal or business needs.
- Ease of usage- the VoIP app or software you choose should be user friendly, to begin with. Check if the UI is easy to navigate and customizable. This is even more important if the software will be used by others at home too.
- Cost- Some VoIP software comes for free and there are the paid ones too. If you are using such apps for the very first time, there is a way out. Most of these apps can be used for free in trial mode for a short time. You can try a few apps and see which one suits your needs. Later, based on experience you can pick one and pay the licensing fee.
- Features- All VoIP software can be used to make web based calls at cheap rates, but you should check for feature list too. Some such apps come with social media integration and log in, integrated live chat and other features.
You may also check the user feedbacks to filter the best voip services and pick the apt one. Using social media sites can be of help here.