Top 10 Tips for Writing Highly Engaging Content
Have you seen all the content spread all over the internet? It can be hard at times, to find so much unique content, and set yourself apart from the competition. Readers want articles that are not only unique, but also present an interesting read. This should also be your priority, so as to ensure that people keep reading your content. Even the best SEO consultants in Sydney, like Seo North Sydney put emphasis on engaging content to make their strategies succeed.
10 Writing Tips for creating Engaging Content
You need not be Shakespeare, but at least you must know what might interest the readers. Here are some useful writing tips for you, so that you can create unique and interesting content:
- Diversification of the Content: You would have to try new ways to communicate with your readers. If you have been writing text-based writeups, introduce quotes, infographics, even videos to make the read visually interesting as well.
- Incorporate Engaging Questions into the Content: Why not leave your readers with a question for some thought? See, this question has left you thinking “Well, would that help?” Try the same process with your readers. Make their grey cells work, and instil your site and brand into the thought process of the reader.
- Subheadings: Just imagine a write-up as a single block or smaller blocks without any subheadings. Do you think that you would read (or retain information from) such an article? No! So, it should also be your focus to make the article readable. It should have an organized look, one that readers would find interesting (and engaging) to read.
- Get the Reader Engaged with the Article: When you write an article, you could definitely ask for suggestions from the readers. Turn it into a contest if you want, and give the best suggestions public accolades. This will help garner the interest of readers and stay engaged with your future articles.
- Keep it Short & Sweet: Now, while it is true that Google prefers writeups with quantity and quality, but you also need to remember not to bore the readers. Keep the paras short and content of the writeups unique.
- Sharing is Caring: When you share a personal experience, you are setting the route to create a closer connection with the readers. For example, you might be writing about car wrecking or car towers; share with the readers a personal experience, where you were helped out by the wreckers or towers. Next, you could ask the readers to share similar experiences. Readers feel engaged with your posts and articles, while you gain their prolonged association.
- Search Engine Optimization: It is an essential part of any content. If the reader cannot find your content, then why even use the keywords or write your content! At the same time, do not make the keywords seem forced into your writing — make it seem a part of your article.
- Open Articles with Engaging Content: People can Google facts, you know! So, you need not present facts. Your article must catch the interest of the readers right from the first line. Open your articles with openers that are funny, poky, witty and, if needed, even scandalous.
- Titles Need to be Interesting: Well, have you seen the articles that have boring subheadings? It might be difficult to make each and every heading and title interesting, but the main and some of the following titles need to be funny, or interesting.
- Use Active Voice for Sentences: Passive voice tends to make the articles long and dreary. Make sure that your sentences are in active voice, creating an engaging and interesting article.
Now, the final part is the conclusion! Without a conclusion, everything is bland and seems unfinished. Once you have followed and created an interesting read, re-read it to find the fallacies and change it into something much more interesting. Wrap it up, and, place a bow on the top with a conclusion! This will seal the deal and have your readers coming back again and again.