Term vs Whole Life Insurance: Which one you should Buy?
There are many reason that make a term plan differs from whole life insurance plans. Before taking any final decisions you have to understand them both carefully. Even though they both come out with the life insurance feature, the benefit that you get the same are very different. Don’t forget that if you choose the wrong policy then it will surely affect your life and finances as well.
In order to clear your doubts about these two policies, you must take help of any financial advisor and can easily understand that which plan will go best as per your needs.
What is Term Insurance?
It refers to be the simplest and purest form of life insurance. Earlier, it is the only option for all service provider, but later on as the market grows several forms of insurance plans are also growing. In simple terms, a term insurance plan is a plan that offer risk cover but will not entertain you with returns at the time of maturity. Under the same, you have to pay premium for a specific period of time and the policyholder will not get any benefits immediately unlike other policies. However, the beneficiary would be liable to receive the benefits of the policy. Under the same, the insurance companies provide death benefits and assist in securing the individual’s family.
What is Whole Life Insurance?
Well, if you look at this plan then you will find that term insurance is similar to whole life insurance policy in some aspects. But in a whole life insurance plan, the individual would be liable to receive several benefits at the time of maturity. Moreover, under the same, the policyholder would be liable to borrow loan in case of an emergency. The policy is really effective in terms of insurance cover and the entire sum assured the beneficiaries will receive entire sum assure in the event of the death of the insured person.
This is the best option for all those people who want to save money for the future and can also get the money back along with good returns. At the time of selecting the tenure of the policy as per your requirement, you can ensure a steady inflow of money for your future needs.
How do they differ in various aspects?
Let us analyze the difference between Whole Life Insurance Plans and Term Insurance Plans
Tenure of the policy
- Term insurance plans always come with a fixed tenure and it is up to you that you choose the long term of short term plan. Once you have selected the plan of the policy then you would not be liable stop it in the middle of the tenure
- Whole life insurance policies comes out with flexible tenure. This policy allows you to choose multiple policies with different maturity dates. It will help in achieving financial goals. You can also surrender the policy in between, and can take a loan on the policy to avail emergency financial benefits.
Premium payment for the policies
- Term insurance – the premium that you will pay for term insurance will surely be less as compared to other plans.The reason behind the same is that the individuals will not get any repayment of premiums upon the maturity of the policy.
- Whole Life Insurance – the premium that you will pay under this plan will be returned to you along with an additional interest and benefits. Usually, the premium amount for whole life insurance plan will be slightly higher than term insurance plans.
Cash Value offered by the policy
- There is nothing like cash value in term life insurance plan and not even the survival benefits. The only benefit that these plans will offer is the sum assured to nominee in case of demise of policyholder.
- Whole Life Insurance plans assist you in building the cash value depending upon the investments made by the company with the premium amount. After paying premium for a few years, you can even avail a loan on the policy depending upon the cash value of your policy. At the time of maturity, the cash value will be returned along with a bonus to the individual.
To Sum Up
In this way, mostly people buy both the policies during their lifetime and split their investments accordingly. You can also use the above stated guidelines to clear your doubts for future.