LinkedIn: What is this Social Media Platform and How Does it Work?
It’s now easier to interact with anyone anywhere on the planet because of social media. Today, there are a lot of platforms for social and professional networking, and one of them is LinkedIn. This social media service is an excellent way for businesses, employees, professionals, and job-seekers to post their profiles and socialize professionally.
Right now, LinkedIn has more than 570 million users, and the number is growing every day. So, if you want to enter this social media platform, here are some essential things that you need to know about LinkedIn.
History of LinkedIn
LinkedIn was publicly introduced by Reid Hoffman in May 2003. Hoffman’s vision was to make this social networking site to be a platform for recruiters and job seekers from various industries to connect professionally.
Your LinkedIn profile is like a digital resume that highlights your contact information, educational background, employment history, skills, interests, and connections. You can use this social media platform through its website or the linkedIn app.
LinkedIn Free Membership
Yes, you can be a member of LinkedIn for free. With a free membership, you can create a professional profile and discover and connect with your colleagues or fellow alumni. It also allows you to ask and give recommendations and receive InMail messages from people connected to you.
However, with a basic membership, you can’t view over five people who have visited your profile or send InMail messages to people who are not in your contact list. You can’t also use other advanced features that are only available to premium members.
You can choose from various LinkedIn subscription plan options at varying prices ranging from around $30 to $119 per month. You can pick either from four packages, namely, Recruiter Lite, Sales Navigator Professional, Premium Business, or Premium Career. Make sure that you select a plan that suits your needs.
- Recruiter Lite is the perfect Plan for hiring the best people for your projects. It costs $119.95 monthly.
- Sales Navigator Professional is the best Premium if you want to sell your products to potential buyers. You can get it for $79.99 monthly.
- Premium Business is excellent to use for entrepreneurs who want to grow their businesses. It costs $59.99 monthly.
- Premium Career is an excellent package for persons who are searching for employment opportunities. It costs $29.99 monthly.
When you subscribe to paid plans, you can access a wide range of additional features. For instance, you can see the number of searches your profile appeared in and the number of people who have viewed your LinkedIn account. You will also receive extra information on posted jobs, as well as applicant insights.
You will also boost your knowledge by having access to on-demand articles and educational videos. Yes, upgrading to Premium is beneficial if you choose a subscription plan that’s relevant to your needs.
Quick Tips to Build a LinkedIn Profile That Rocks
The essential truth that you need to understand when using LinkedIn is that you will be judged according to your profile. So, you should do your best to build a profile that attracts potential business partners, customers, or recruiters. Here are some quick tips for that purpose.
- Highlight your specialty in your profile headline.
- Pick an excellent profile photo.
- Get a custom URL.
- Ensure that the information in your profile is honest and complete.
- Use the first-person point of you when writing your bio.
- Showcase your accomplishments.
- Include your educational and employment background in your profile.
- Ask for recommendations from your connections.
- Add your blog.
LinkedIn is a great social networking service for business people, recruiters, and job-seekers. So, if you want to become a member of the LinkedIn community, consult this article to know the essential features of this social media platform and learn some tips on how to build an attractive LinkedIn profile.