When it come to the hosting type for blog sites or some medium-sized websites, the shared web hosting and the VPS hosting are the common options for the majority of webmasters. This is because both of the two hosting types are budget-friendly for bloggers, much cheaper than the hosting charges of dedicated server hosting, cloud hosting and some managed hosting solutions. Besides, these two hosting types allocate a moderate volume of server resources that are sufficient for blog running, and webmasters do no need to spend extra money to pay for the unused disk space and bandwidth.
Now, the question is which one is the better option for blogs and personal websites between the shared hosting the VPS hosting? The following comparison simply gives you the answer.
About Shared Web Hosting
The shared web hosting is the top option for all the webmasters who are sensitive to the hosting budgets. Generally, this hosting type charges you ranging from $2 to $10 for each month. The cheap hosting rate is due to the fact that you need to share a single physical machine with many other webmasters, so the server maintenance fee can be shared among you guys.
However, just because you cannot own the whole web server, you also need to share the server resources with multiple people, being allocated with a small portion of the whole machine resources.
About VPS Hosting
The VPS hosting, namely virtually private server hosting, is the advanced hosting type of the shared hosting. With it, you still need to share the server resources with some neighborhoods. However, the difference is that you can get a virtually dedicated hosting environment with a guaranteed allocation of RAM, CPU, disk space and monthly data transfer.
VPS Hosting vs Shared Web Hosting
When it comes to the comparison of the two hosting types, you mainly need to take the following aspects into consideration.
- Shared Web Hosting – You can get the hosting solution by spending from $2/mo to $10/mo on average, for you can share the fees for server renting and maintenance with many others.
- VPS Hosting – This hosting type charges you at a higher level, ranging from $15/mo to $25/mo generally.
- Shared Web Hosting – You cannot enjoy all the server resources of a single server, but have to share with many others. Therefore, your allocated resources are quite limited, only being enough for some personal blog sites.
- VPS Hosting – This hosting type gives you more server resources than the shared hosting. Although you still need to share things with neighborhoods, the number of users within one server is reduced greatly. Besides, VPS hosting gives you a virtually private hosting environment, featuring with sufficient resources that are enough for the proper running of a medium-sized websites.
- Shared Web Hosting – If your server neighborhoods overuse the server resources or run their websites in a wrong way, your website running might be negatively affected with the slow page loading.
- VPS Hosting – VPS hosting just isolates your website from other sites hosted within the same server. Therefore, your site performance can hardly be influenced.
- Shared Web Hosting – Again, you have to share a server with many other webmasters. Therefore, if one of them is the abusive website owner who gives hackers a loophole, your possibility to face the security matter is much higher.
- VPS Hosting – You can get a virtually dedicated environment, so the chances to meet the website vulnerabilities that caused by bad neighborhoods is relatively lower.
- Shared Web Hosting – With this hosting type, you can do nothing with your server. All the tasks related to your web server are the responsibilities of the web hosts. You can only get the full control over your website and hosting account.
- VPS Hosting – VPS gives you the root access that allows you to manage everything on your isolated private hosting environment. Therefore, you can decide the operating system, delete tools, install software and reboot your virtual server as you want.
Personally, the VPS hosting is undoubtedly the better option than the shared one. Despite the relatively higher hosting charges, you can get more controlling freedom, a higher level of hosting performance and security and more server resources. If the price is the only concern, here, you can check this top 5 VPS award page. All the listed web hosts are budget-friendly ones offering quality hosting solutions.